BRAWS provides free menstrual supplies and undergarments to women and girls of all ages throughout VA, who do not have access to critical, basic needs. Since 2015, through our partnerships with local shelters, schools, food pantries, and community organizations, BRAWS has distributed over two million pads, tampons, new bras and underwear to women and girls in crisis. Our goal is to ensure individuals have their needs met in a comprehensive effort to assist in overcoming immediate burdens, provide resources for economic and educational success, aid in achieving stability, as well as increasing long-term health benefits and well-being. BRAWS offers direct service programs that align with our mission:
1. Shelter Delivery/Distribution: BRAWS delivers pads, tampons, new bras & underwear to local domestic violence, family & emergency shelters, transitional housing & community partners weekly or monthly. Please complete this form to apply to become a shelter partner. **PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide items directly to individual clients, requests must come through the shelter.
2. School delivery: BRAWS delivers pads and tampons each month to girls in local schools, who cannot afford menstrual supplies to attend classes. BRAWS also purchases underwear and bras for school-age girls who do not have access to these items. Please complete this form to apply to become a school partner.
3. PTA/PTSA Partnership: BRAWS delivers pads and tampons each month to local PTA/PTSA programs, such as The Pantry at Oakton and South Lakes High Schools. These programs are where students in need can discreetly shop for nonperishable food and personal hygiene items. If you are a representative of your school's PTA/PTSA and are interested in bringing menstrual products supplied by BRAWS, please complete this form to apply to become a PTA/PTSA partner.
4. Opioid/Addiction Recovery Services: BRAWS supports individuals addicted and recovering from substance use disorder.
5. Re-Entry Support: BRAWS provides resources to formerly incarcerated women who are re-entering society.
6. Foster Care: BRAWS provides resources to children in foster care as they transition in and out of the system.
7. Emergency Relief: BRAWS helps hurricane, fire, and pandemic victims throughout the area and in neighboring states.
8. School/Public Facility Menstruation Stations:BRAWS partners with local schools and government facilities to provide dispensers, free tampons & pads to school/public bathrooms. The goal of this program is to empower girls to manage their menstruation without missing important instructional time and extracurricular activities Please view our presentation below to learn more about this program. Please email us at info@BRAWS.org if you are interested in partnering with BRAWS to pilot this initiative.
9. Advocacy/Education: BRAWS believes that women and girls should not feel humiliated nor embarrassed by the topic of menstruation. Because menstruation is a normal, biological function, BRAWS also believes that there should be unobstructed access to pads and tampons in school bathrooms, public restrooms, and jails and prisons. BRAWS work includes shaping public policy that better reflects the needs of women and girls in this country. Volunteer here to help us make this change!
OUR MAILING ADDRESS 133 PARK STREET NE, SUITE 3B VIENNA VA 22180
office hours: By appointmEnt contact email@example.comRg
APS MEMBER SINCE 2018
BRAWS is a 501c3 organization & your donations are tax deductible. Tax ID: 47-3961191. Thanks for your generous support!