1. Shelter delivery - BRAWS delivers approximately 500 boxes of pads and tampons to local shelters each MONTH! Please email us at info@BRAWS.org to become a shelter partner.
2. Shelter distribution - BRAWS distributes approximately 100 NEW bras and underwear each month to local shelters. Please email us at info@BRAWS.org to become a shelter partner.
3. School delivery - BRAWS delivers approximately 250 boxes of pads and tampons each month to girls in local schools, who cannot afford menstrual supplies to attend classes. BRAWS also purchases underwear and bras for school-age girls who do not have access to these items. Please email us at info@BRAWS.org to become a shelter partner.
4. PTA/PTSA Partnership - BRAWS delivers about 200 pads and tampons each month to local PTA/PTSA programs, such as The Pantry at Oakton and South Lakes High Schools. These programs are where students in need can discreetly shop for nonperishable food and personal hygiene items. If you are a representative of your school's PTA/PTSA and are interested in bringing menstrual products supplied by BRAWS, please email us at pantry@BRAWS.org to become a PTA/PTSA partner.
5. Advocacy/Education - BRAWS believes that women and girls should not feel humiliated nor embarrassed by the topic of menstruation. Because menstruation is a normal, biological function, BRAWS also believes that there should be unobstructed access to pads and tampons in school bathrooms, public restrooms, and jails and prisons. BRAWS work includes shaping public policy that better reflects the needs of women and girls in this country. Volunteer here to help us make this change!
6. School Bathroom Pilot Program - BRAWS launched a pilot program this year in local schools that will provide dispenser and free tampons and pads in school bathrooms that serve students in grades 6-12th. The goal of this program is to empower girls to manage their menstruation without missing important instructional time in the classroom. Please view our presentation below to learn more about this program. Please email us at info@BRAWS.org if you are interested in partnering with BRAWS to pilot this new initiative.
Our mailing address
BrAWS, 303 Maple Avenue, W, Unit F, Vienna, VirginiA 22180
BRAWS is a 501c3 organization & your donations are tax deductible. Federal Tax ID: 47-3961191. Thanks for your generous support!